2017 BUTTON DESIGN CONTEST ANNOUNCED:
Click Here for button design template
The Winona Steamboat Days Festival Association is excited to invite High School and Middle School students to participate in the 2017 Steamboat Days button design contest!
Submissions are accepted from individual high school students, grades 5 through 12. Prizes awarded for the first place include a plaque with their winning design, a ride in the Steamboat Days Grande Parade, personalize button to wear during steamboat days, t-shirt with design on it, glasses, and carnival armbands for the family (maximum 5). Second place will receive 4 carnival armbands; and the third place will receive 2 carnival armbands.
All entries must meet the criteria listed below, and must be submitted by Tuesday, January 10, 2017:
Button Design criteria:
- Button design must be round.
- Maximum 3 colors not including background
- Date of the celebration must be on the button (June 15 –19, 2016)
- “Winona’s Steamboat Days” and “69th Annual” must be on the button
- Button must contain at least one of the following: steamboat, carnival/ferris wheel, fireworks, paddlewheel
- Designs must be submitted on an 8.5 x 11 sheet of white paper with the design in color (template provided)
- On the back of the template we ask that the student include: first and last name, school, grade, parent’s name, and home phone number.
- Open to 5th thru 12th grade Winona-area students only
- All entries become property of the Winona Steamboat Days Festival Association
A button template can be found on the WinonaSteamboatDay.com website or email [email protected]
Designs should be delivered to Pam Simon at Winona Radio, 752 Bluffview Circle, or mail to:
Winona Steamboat Days Festival Assn
Button Design Contest
P.O. Box 745
Winona, MN 55987
The winner’s teacher or parents will be notified in March. Members of the Winona Steamboat Days Festival Assn. will come to the school of the winner to make the announcement and present the awards in April or May.
Board of Directors, Winona Steamboat Days Festival Association