The Big Idaho Potato Truck is on its EIGHTH cross-country journey! It began in 2012 as a one-year campaign to celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the Idaho Potato Commission and became quickly apparent with its success that it would be more than a one-year occurrence, it literally became a big piece of pop-culture. It travels the country promoting the certified heart-healthy Idaho Potato and its mission to help small charities in towns and cities with its A Big Helping program. Not to mention that people just want to have their picture taken with a 4-Ton Idaho potato!
Trivia: This Tater…
- would take over 7,000 years to grow.
- weighs 4 tons, equalling 21,562 medium-sized Idaho® potatoes.
- is 802 times heavier than the largest potato ever grown, which weighed 11 pounds.
- would make 20,217 servings of mashed potatoes. Pass the gravy!
- would easily make over 1 million average-sized french fries.